shimano reels

pappy

I 've always been a shimano man what do you guys think of the new curado200I and the chronarch ci4 and which one would you buy,would really like your thourghts thanks pappy

pappy

Rich plan on using them for jigs,worm,spinnerbait,crankbait and frogs,different gear ratio but I like to stick to one brand and model of reel there is a big dollar different is there that much in the reels again thanks Pappy

The CI4 is really nice, but not sure you are going to get $100 worth of performance out of it over the I. You get two more bearings and a 1 ounce lighter with the CI4. Also the Curado I comes in a lower gear ratio that the Chronarch does not.

If you were looking for one or two reels and wanted to treat yourself, the CI4 is sweet, but if you are looking for a handful of awesome reels that are going to perform great, get the I's

the ci4 is a really nice reel. Curado is definitely a better value but if price isn't a huge deal go wih the ci4. also the tolerances seem to be really good with the ci4. I run a jet sled and constantly have sand and crap in the boat and it never really gets in. I have some quantum's like exo and they are really susceptible to sand. Hope that helps.