Good topwater rod

Discussion in 'Tackle Talk' started by boles18, Jun 19, 2017.

1. boles18

boles18 New Member

Looking for a good rod to mostly throw poppers on and sometimes a spook trying to stay around 200 dollar price range any suggestions would help thanks in advance

2. mjh116

mjh116 Member

3. mjh116

mjh116 Member

Also, Tackle Maniac really likes the Okuma TCS series and the price is very reasonable. I haven't seen a bad review of them ever. Check out his review on the previous post.

4. boles18

boles18 New Member

I was looking at the tcs rod actually....I already have a couple okuma Helios rods I really like

5. tackle maniac

tackle maniac Member

Yes sir, for topwater I would check out the 6'9" MH Okuma Scott Martin Signature TCS Casting Rods. One other rod I really like for topwater is 6'10" MH Phenix Maxim Casting Rods. I also like the 6'10" medium Castaway Invicta, but I guess they have been discontinued because TW does not have them listed anymore. All of these rods have pretty soft, flexible tips that I like when working topwaters.

6. boles18

boles18 New Member

I think I'm gonna give the tcs rod a try

7. WildWill

WildWill New Member

If you have access to a sportsmans Warehouse, I'd go there and check it out. They're $30 cheaper than TW (sorry TW) and you can actually pick one up and feel it before you buy it. I just picked up a 7'3" heavy last weekend actually

8. tackle maniac

tackle maniac Member

Yes WildWill what you say is true, as I bought one of my TCS rods at Sportsmans Warehouse in Slidell, LA. However, after tax my rod was $120. Which is the same price it would be on one of TW's 15% off sales (free shipping; no tax). And I am pretty sure that TW will price match them also. But, I do know what you mean, it is nice to hold one in your hand before you buy.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2017 at 6:56 AM